While December greeted much of the country with above-average temperatures, don’t be fooled — winter is coming, and this year, it’s more important than ever to have your gear ready. For me personally, daily walks have become part of my afternoon ritual with Nolan – a way to reset, reflect and regain a sense of calm during uncertain times. If you’re looking to stock up on cold weather essentials for a little one in your life, here are six items to cozy up to:
- UPPAbaby CozyGanoosh: Meet a stroller accessory that’s comfy, cozy and just plain fun to say. Rest assured this splurge is worth every penny, with its cocooning effect that magically lulls my little guy to sleep every time we take it for a spin. While this model is designed for the ever-popular UPPAbaby brand of strollers, universal bunting bags from CozyMe and liuliuby have top ratings at a lower price point.
- The North Face Thermoball Bunting: Bundling up baby is one simple zip away with this gender neutral bunting that’s complete with rollover mitten and foot cuffs. With insulation made from recycled materials and a plush faux shearling lining, this is sure to be a feel-good favorite from the inside-out. We loved it so much that we repurchased this in a larger size for Nolan’s second winter.
- Hat & Mittens: Bundling is never complete without a hat (and mittens) to match. This Carters set is economical for the inevitable day when one of your little one’s mittens goes missing. Being polar vortex survivors, we’re also big fans of the trapper hat for the ultimate warmth and each have our own. 🙂
- Zutano Fleece Booties: Whether your little one is mastering tummy time or getting on their feet, these booties are a must-have through toddlerhood. Available in a range of colors and sizes, the fleece/cotton blend is soft and breathable with a snap closure and gentle elastic that keeps these booties where they belong. We’ve given less expensive options a try and have found them to be bulkier, itchy and easier to pull off, making the Zutanos a better value in our book.
- Carseat Cover: Since bulky winter coats and car seats do not mix, be sure to have a warm carseat cover on deck to make those transitions to-and-from the car more comfortable for your baby. We made it through Nolan’s first Chicago winter with a JJ Cole brand that I shared with you in this post, and love this similar option featuring an even more plush exterior.
- Plush Blanket: Here’s a blanket you’ll want in your size – the Sherpa Baby Blanket from Pottery Barn Kids. We first used this as a receiving blanket to bring Nolan home from the hospital, and it quickly earned the nickname as “the magic blanket” for its sleep-inducing superpowers. I’ve also been eyeing this version that features cable knit and delicate tassels.